Also in Italy we talk more and more of this way of furnishing shops, private houses, offices, hotels etc. Let’s go into detail to better understand the term and the characteristics of this work. The complete supply includes two tasks/activities carried out by the manufacturer . The company will at the same time: Realize furniture and furnishings: the company is concerned to produce furniture, fittings and furnishings made to "measure", in size and typologies for the place to be furnished to give a precise effect, aesthetic pleasure and living comfort. Assemble furniture, furnishings and accessories: this operation involves the installation of furniture and decorative objects in the environment to be furnished, so that the customer need not worry about anything.
General Contractor Definition
It is not a job that is limited to the choice of furniture, is a much more complex strategic planning. The general contractor is the one who takes the responsibility to define and manage all the operations that are behind the project, from the execution to turnkey delivery. This figure has the most important job, is placed at the top of the pyramid and is responsible for:
- choose the materials for the production
- choose workers
- choose means and equipment to be used for the installation
- choose the services needed to deliver the finished project
Who is the contractor? The contractor is the one who assumes the responsibility to direct the proceedings, contrary to the buyer (or also called contracting) who commissioned a work by spending their own money. Every external company specialized in its sector is defined as a sub-contractor and is commissioned and chosen by the general contractor.
What should not be overlooked
The difficulty and the skill of those who offer this service consists in reconciling the imagination (design, quality and style) of the interior with the needs and availability of the customer. We must be careful to treat well every detail, such as:
- the choice of colors: colors and materials are chosen with care when furnishing an office, a public space or a private residence. All elements must be balanced and must help create a climate of harmony. According to the tastes of the customer you can opt for cool tones for formal areas, and warm colors for common areas and rest rooms etc.
- choice of materials: Based on the budget and the customer tastes,the designer chooses the type of material to be taken. (Wood, glass single or double , PVC, aluminum, steel …)
- correct choice of lighting: the light is usually projected from above if we are in areas used for reading or writing while in the relaxation areas is preferable to a light beam projected from the bottom of the walls, which creates a relaxing environment. The light is an important element that can be used to create special atmosheres.
These are some of the features that a designer must take into account, but there would be many more to list. We will now see all proceedings that take place in the supply of furniture to the contract formula.
Complete furnishing, keys in hand
Why is it called Contract? Simply because the customer who relies on this professional service should not care absolutely about nothing! The contact person is unique and is called General contractor.
- Operational Briefing: In this phase, the contractor and customer have agreed a date to meet and discuss the project to start, exchanging opinions and ideas about what to do.
- Identification of real estate : The customer must present the toponymic data (address, house number, postal code, province etc ..) and also of cadastral data
- State of play: observation of the various critical points before the implementation of the project, feasibility and then move on to the phase of the project.
- Architecture or architectural design: It' a process that changes a setting. The designer with the aid of a computer is capable of reproducing patterns of three-dimensional environments (3D). Doing so shows clearly (to make an idea) the prospect of space where the person later will live or work Environments can be varied; such as a room, an office, working areas, a workshop and so on. Besides that you will take into consideration the plant, that is the branch of engineering that deals with the study of the industrial equipment (in this case the study will focus on systems for home or office including electrical systems, photovoltaic systems, fireplaces, security systems, air conditioning systems and plumbing)
- Design and interior furnishings: In this phase the environments are studied and organized with common sense and logical criteria. Through a drawing you can create a model which then will reflect reality with standard sizes and custom-made elements
- Building Automation Planning: As the name implies, “building automation” is the science that deals with the “intelligent features” of a building. For example, to access your Hotel room you very often use a card or badge that inserted inside the door electronics slot allows opening it. Inside a house you can install smart tools such as detectors of fires, independent temperature control, smart lighting management and many other things
- Practices authorization and Land registry: bureaucratic aspects. They must be in accordance with regard to the administrative requirements. These aspects could include construction permits: connection to the sewage system, installation of the electricity meter, certificate of fitness, and more
It is necessary to provide all the documents relating to the land registry.
Structural design and safety
- Structural analysis: It includes all the engineering operations that provide numerical, computer calculations, aimed at the "mechanical structure"of the building.
- Executive projects: engineered project that includes all the operations of the entire project. It consists of many elements such as: – general reports; -reports of specialists; – graphics, -study of safety etc ..
- Seismic Authorization: Before you build a building, it is checked whether the ground is "good", that is if it has some features that allow the construction of the building. The Seismic practices are documents containing all this information.
- CSP (Safety Coordinator at the design phase): is a specialized person who, entrusted by the client, monitors and performs the tasks
- Operational Safety Plan: This task is up to the employer. The employer has to create a document where should be all the risks that might happen to the workers. It 'also a guide that employees need to know because it explains how to prevent accidents and occupational hazards.
In this phase all what was planned to do is realized. The realized plants has to be tested and delivered. Delivery times are established early on with the client when signing the contract.
Another very important step is the realization of the furniture and interior fittings.
With more than 40 years of experience in the furniture industry, with HATMO brand
G.E Giussani realizes contract supplies for:
- private homes
- public spaces
- and more
Thanks to our long experience we can produce high quality works!
To have an idea of our realizations you can visit the website HATMO.IT.
To know more you can contact us in the contact section of the site and send us an email in the form on the bottom of the page or call us directly at +39 (0362) 503143/504296